Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gotta Start Somewhere....

Hi. I'm Brian, Big Daddy B to some, The Bishop of Bass to others. I have Tourette's Syndrome and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Legally, these things make me 'disabled'. Let me assure you, I'm anything but. I have these neurological disorders, but they don't have me. To say they don't play a part in defining me would be idiotic. They do. Truthfully, I like some of the things they've brought to the table.

I've tried blogging before, but never found most of my life interesting enough to write about regularly. I'm hoping this will be different. My goal is to pull back the curtain and let folks see what living with these disorders entails, both the good and the bad. I want to give folks with TS and particularly those parents whose child has been recently diagnosed, or is heading toward a diagnosis a sense of hope for what is "down the road". I'm 43. I have a GREAT life. It's a wild ride! Truthfully, I don't think I'd give up my "damage" if I could.

Stick around. You may come to understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment