Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Nerd's Eye View

Time to use a pretty nerdy analogy.  Electronic devices generate heat.  Microchips generate TONS of it for their size.  Enter the "heat sink".  It's a pretty low tech device when you consider the devices it ends up in.  Heat sinks are metal widgets that have the capacity to absorb and dissipate large amounts of heat for their size.  When placed in direct contact, they draw off the access heat that will eventually damage and kill the microchip and "make it go away".  The cause of the heat is untouched,

It's time for me to talk about my "heat sinks".  I generate lots of anger.  I've spent most of my life as a very angry person.  I'll spare my readers the "laundry list", but the causes are myriad.  Anger is a killer.  It damages and destroys people in similar fashion to the heat in a microchip.  My heat sinks are "my people".  My wife and kids, "The Circle", my shooting group, my friends, they all draw off my anger and "make it go away" when placed in direct contact with me.  I know without question that I'd have self destructed long ago without them. 

Much like a microchip, the cause of my anger is untouched by them.  I find that I have just as much to be angry about, possibly more these days, than ever before.  I'm just not feeling it.  My anger is being quietly, tacitly, bled off and sent away, and I keep marching. 

Noone ever talks about 'quality heat sinks' when shopping for or bragging on their electronic toys.  Our favorite technologies could not exist without them.  Consider me bragging on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment